Thursday, September 2, 2010

What are you thankful for?

So I realized today, that I was complaining ALOT!!! Theo has been out of work for 4 weeks because of an ankle injury. So he's been home... resting his ankle.. which looks alot like loafing in his recliner... and I've been running around like a crazy woman all week... so I realized i was getting a little ...uh....snotty... yeah lets go with that word.... snotty with him. I was down at my neighbors house when their next door neighbor pulled in wearing name tags for Children's hospital.. their 2 week old baby is at Children's hospital... heart problems.... but they were so happy and hopeful.... and I realized on my short walk home that I was in DESPERATE need of and attitude adjustment.

So today I'm thankful for
Doctors, nurses and physical therapists to speed Theo in his recovery
Great schools for my kids to go to
smart, funny, & healthy kids
dirty dishes because that means we didn't go hungry
a big slobbery dog that loves me unconditionally
a computer to stay in touch with people that are far, far away
my corny, story telling, dancing & singing father
a husband that forgives my bad moods and messy ways
friends that tell me their secrets and listen to mine
have I mentioned Chocolate
bed sheets that are soft and smooth like butter
calculators
the flowers that surround my front porch swing
I'm able to be myself and still have so many people that love me!
What could I possibly complain about now??? How about you? What are YOU thankful for?

1 comment:

Tara said...

Miss Cathie, I'm thankful for you! :) I'm in the same boat - serious attitude adjustment! cranky momma on the rampage is getting a little old around here!