Thursday, September 9, 2010

Life lessons... from Kohls???

So Leah had been asking for weeks and weeks if she could have a pair of Twinkle Toes shoes. They are a pair of ridiculously be-jeweled, glittery tennis shoes made by sketcher. She HAD to have them! They were SOOO pretty!!!

Luckily for her, she got a pair for her birthday from Grandma & Grandpa! She was so excited and kept saying she was going to wear them on her first day of school! So she wore her sparkly shoes with her sparkly skirt & sparkly shirt on her first day of school and when I went to pick her up, the first words out of her mouth were "MY FEET HURT"

She took the shoes off as soon as we got home and she refused to wear them again. So here we had what I would call ,"expensive" for a child, tennis shoes sitting UN-worn in the mud room. I just couldn't take it so I took the shoes back to Kohl's were Grandma had gotten them.
The lady behind the counter was so nice and as she was handing me the gift card she looked at Leah and said "Just because something looks cool on TV doesn't mean it's going to be cool for you! You have to do whats best for you Little Lady"
I thought that was pretty poetic for a pair of shoes..... so we went and tried on several pairs of shoes and found a comfy pair that were also quite "cool looking" and as were were walking out Leah says "I guess I found what was best for ME!"
I wish I could bottle that up!!!

No comments: