Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Happy Fourth of July

This year I celebrated my independence from my tonsils! Having survived my tonsillectomy, I had hardly left the bed or couch for more than a week and was happy to get out and about, even if it was just down to the parking lot by the public safety building. Leah and Ethan were VERY excited about Red, White, and BOOMS!!! Alex had been in Canada with my Mom, so he missed the festivities. My little cuddle bug Ethan posing with Theo & I. The only decent shot of the fireworks. Who knew it would be so hard! This year I have to say I am very thankful for all the men & women who are away from their families for weeks and months at a time protecting not only America, but helping those in places all around the world that need someone to stand up for them. Sgt Mark Pulse the father of my nieces Hannah & Madison, is over in Afghanistan right now.
They have already sacrificed so much in their young lives and now they are being asked to be strong once again. I pray that the time he is gone goes quickly and that thanks to the Internet they are able to keep in close contact with one another!
One of my favorite patriotic sayings it
Home of the Free, Because of the Brave!
and to quote my friend Greg
"Happy 4th of July..... Suck it England! "

No comments: