Thursday, July 22, 2010

Girly Girls Day!

Leah and I decided we deserved a day without the boys! When I asked her what she wanted to do she said, without hesitation I might add. " I wanna go shopping at the MALL!!!" oh OK.... so we dropped off the Boys at Nanny's house and headed to the extreme Mega Mall, Polaris Fashion Place!!! We went to several stores and tried on clothes, looked at jewelry, we even treated ourselves to a lunch at Brio. We made a very important purchase and got Leah's book bag for Kindergarten. I'd never seen anything like it, but leave it to Leah to find a pink, sparkly, leopard print book bag with matching lunch box! ( Leah took this picture of her new bag)
Leah's absolute favorite store was this place called Sweet and Sassy.... let me just paint you a little picture.... You walk in the door covered with pink swags of sparkly fabric... It smells like someone spilled a bottle of bubble bath, there are ruffles, and bows, and sparkles EVERYWHERE...after spending 45 minutes in the store looking and touching EVERYTHING, we decided on a lip gloss ensemble that lights up when you spin it. As we were checking out the sprayed her hair with glitter and put a pink glittery star on her cheek. She was in hog heaven!

Well you can imagine my surprise when my Mom offered to watch the boys not just for the afternoon, but ALL night too! Theo was at the Fire House, So Leah and I had the whole place to ourselves! So Leah decided we need to have a slumber party! We put on a chocolate face maskThen a bubble bath, and pulled out the blankets and pillows and piled on the couch to watch a movie. With popcorn of course. Half-way through the movie, Leah announced that we had to have a pillow fight. (where does she get this stuff) so we paused the movie and had a pillow fight. Gus even joined in! Leah said it was OK if Gus was in the fight even though he's a boy dog! Her big thing about the slumber party was that we HAD to stay up past midnight and would be yawning and asking is it midnight yet? So finally I said yes (she cant tell time) and we climbed into Mommy & Daddy's bed and went right to sleep!
It was such a great day! And not just because we got to go shopping (although that was fun) I loved that Leah held my hand as we walked from store to store. I usually make them hold my hand in parking lots and across streets but she was the one that took my hand. And that night she curled right up to me and fell asleep with a smile on her face!
I've always know that I love my kids, but even 9 1/2 years into parenthood in still blows me away at how intense and sometimes unexpected in can be when all that love and worry that you have toward your kids comes bubbling to the surface! But as I fell asleep I'm almost certain that I had a smile on my face too!

No comments: