Friday, April 30, 2010

The baby Boy is 3!!!

It's hard to believe that little Ethan is 3 years old already! I registered him for preschool and Leah for kindergarten in the same week! AHHHH!!! It's just crazy! We had a party for all of the April birthdays up at my Mom's house the weekend before his birthday. But he kinda stole the show! He got a really cool superhero cape and a pair of firefighter rain boots and was running around in them all week!! When we asked him what he wanted for his birthday he had said only one thing for sure... to have his friends over for a party, so when he finally decided on a theme "super hero" we invited all of his friends and planned a super fun party complete with capes & superhero masks!. Well when everybody arrived, he was acting strange. He didn't want to play with his friends, didn't want to make a mask, he just wanted to lay on the couch... I couldn't figure out what his problem was.... well we found out a short while later..... he puked! poor kid! He essentially missed his first ever friend birthday party! But the rest of the kids had a great time! I wanted a do over, but he has a lifetime of birthdays to make up for having such a lousy 3rd birthday party! I know as parents, we aren't suppose to have favorites.... but I definitely appreciate Ethan's laid back personality. Sure He can be a stinker, He likes to do everything himself and his feelings are crushed if you don't take a bite of whatever he's trying to share. But he's a go with the flow kind of kid! I cherish those rare moments when it's just him & I and I get to talk to him and hear what he thinks about something. One day in the car he told me something was "LAME" and I just started to crack up! He's got an amazing vocabulary, and surprises me how quickly he figures things out sometimes,you cant get NOTHING by this kid! He also still has the BEST facial expressions!!! It's hard not to laugh at him when he's mad because his face is so darn cute!
He has always resisted nicknames... we call him Baby boy and he says "I not a baby I Ethan John Robert", if you call him squirt, or fella, or any other nickname he ALWAYS corrects you and says "No I Ethan".... but recently he's learned how to write the capital E. Trying to get him ready for writing his name and so We tell him to write his Big E.... and he's so pleased with being able to write his Big E.... that now he says "I Big E!"
I love you SO much Ethan.... Big E... Easy E.... I'm so glad that I get to have a kid as cool as you!

1 comment:

Benielle said...

Look at all those Mormons! I love that you are friends with people I know and love.

Ethan, I love you too and I am sorry we still call you baby boy. Amelia actually calls you "BABY BOY!!!" We can't wait to see you.