Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Celebrating Christie

I'm trying to keep my birthday shout outs going.... Christine Michelle Tierney Grube... your the next contestant in the Birthday Blog Shout Out....

This is My sister Christie and I circa 1978My sister is the only reason I want to have another baby, only because I want Leah to have a sister like mine! We have been through everything together! Throughout my childhood she was one of the only constants in my life. We never knew for sure where we'd be for the holidays or if we'd be spending the summer in California, Ohio, or France... but we knew we'd be there together!
She & I are about as different as can be, and believe me that's a good thing! We balance each other out and push each other where we need to be pushed and reel each other in when we needed to be pulled back! I always know I'll get an honest reaction out of her, even if I don't like what she has to say and that if I need help she'll do what she can!
She is very talented with knitting/crocheting and has made some amazing blankets, sweaters and such. in fact many of her blankets have magical powers and can keep away bad dreams, or help you get better when your not feeling well! (according to the kids anyway) She's been there for the births of all three of my kids, in the room holding my hand, distracting me, and even cut Alex's cord when he was born! She's also the lucky person that inherits the kids if Theo and I get hit by a Bus... but we've been told to never get hit by a BUS!!! :)
I love you Chris!
Happy Birthday Hooker! :)

No comments: