Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Happy 10th birthday Skye!

I'm stealing this idea from one of my friends, but it's a good one. I'm going to try and remember to celebrate each of my family members on/near their birthdays by doing a blog about them and why they are so awesome.
I thinks it's very fitting that the one to kick this blog-love-fest off is my niece Skye! This lovely young lady just turned 10 years old a few days ago. She is a RIOT!!!
My favorite story to date about is Skye is this; In kindergarten when a little boy in her class professed his affections for her she got mad and yelled at him.... a few weeks later when he tried to kiss her she got mad... pushed him down, kicked him in the side and screamed at him that if he ever did that again she'd kill him. OK so I'm not saying violence is a good thing... but come on.... that's just funny stuff right there! If she's spit on his neck then it'd be worthy of a movie. I think that story will resurface a time of two when she starts dating!!!
Skye has incredible BLUE eyes and her hair has ALWAYS looked like it needs to be brushed, even WHILE your brushing it! She's a very smart girl and has a surprisingly mature insight into many things. For our wedding she signed our picture frame "don't let fights get you down, have a great marriage" even at 10 she knows it's not about the wedding, it's about the marriage and how you deal with the bumps in the road. I love this girl and can't believe this is the same chubby cheeked pacifier having little girl that mopped up my sister's kitchen floor with oil from the "fry Daddy" .... I told you this girl is a riot!
Happy Birthday Skye Marriah

No comments: