Sunday, April 6, 2014

Lucky #7

luck- noun \ˈlək\ 

:the things that happen to a person because of chance : the accidental way things happen without being planned

:good fortune : good luck

:success in doing or getting something

No doubt about it, I got lucky! It was by chance, good fortune that I ended up with a sister like Christie. While I know many sisters do end up to be quite good friends, I have no doubts that luck played a part in the relationship I have with my sister. When we were young children my sister was a playmate and companion. We played Barbie's, roller skated, and watched the Rocky and Bull Winkle show. During out teenage years we played less and bickered more. about borrowing clothes, taking too much time in the bathroom etc. Pretty normal stuff, and when she went away to college I missed her, but life went on. As most kids tend to be, I was quite self centered! I'm a little ashamed to admit my self-centered tendencies lasted longer than they should have and it wasn't until my mid twenties that I finally "grew up". When I finally stopped to look around and take stock of who was around, I was pleasantly surprised to find my sister. Here's the thing though...she'd always been there! I'd just been to wrapped up in myself to realize! The only reason I still had her... was luck!
I don't deserve a sister like her!
I looked up personality traits to describe her and found words like: genuine, patient, orderly, kind, funny, smart, creative, forgiving, generous, supportive, logical, loveable, observant,  rational, trusting, practical.
I giggle at how few of those words describe my personality! (rational? patient? practical?) hehehe
While we are so very different, I like to think that is why she means so much to me! She's the jelly to my peanut butter, the hip to my hop, the cheese to my macaroni, ...she's my best friend!
 

I don't know where I'd be,  Without you here with me

You stand by me you believe in me, Like nobody ever has

When my world goes crazy, You're right there to save me

                  

Life with you makes perfect sense, You're my best friend!

 I'm so lucky to have you as an Aunt for my kids, as an advisor for my problems, a sounding board for my latest scheme, fortunate to have you as the Mama of my nephew & nieces, to have you as a friend! So why did I title this Lucky #7? Her birthday is tomorrow April 7th! And we are all lucky she was born!

Happy birthday Christie!!! 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you are both lucky!! Your sister is a jewel, but, please, don't sell yourself short. You are simply fabulous!!!

Unknown said...

I think you are both lucky!! Your sister is a jewel, but, please, don't sell yourself short. You are simply fabulous!!!