Saturday, February 2, 2013

12 years of Brian.


People always talk about and/or ask couples how long they have been dating/married. We ask about when they first met,  how long before they fell in love, when they knew the other was "THE ONE"…  but I think we forget that when you start dating someone, or get married you get a family, you get relationships built in to the romantic relationship! 

No one can tell you more about "getting" a family than my brother in law Brian Grube. I always remember when he and my sister started dating because it was only a few weeks after Alex was born. Right from the beginning I felt differently about Brian. I hadn't always been "fond" of some of the guys that my sister dated, but the first time Christie introduced us, I liked him. He was kinda cute, really smart, he had a weird sense of humor that I appreciated and most importantly he treated my sister really well! As you know Christie and Brian dated for almost 7 years before they got married, but I decided after only 6 months that this guy was "THE ONE" for my sister. 

 We formed a fast friendship, and he became my go to "girlfriend"! I called him to talk about boys, school, car trouble, computer issues, and homework help. He was my first phone call when I found out I was pregnant with Leah, He called me the first time my sister had a pregnancy melt down. 

I have never doubted him, nor have I ever wished for Christie to be with someone else. He has always been honest, patient, and supportive all the things I require in a friend! And I Genuinely enjoy being around this guy! 

Yesterday was Brian's birthday, and I wanted to take this opportunity to say: 

I am so grateful for the husband you are to my sister, the father you are to my nephew, the uncle you are to my kids, and the friend you are to me! 

I love You Brian James, Happy Birthday! 

No comments: