Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Blizzard of 2010

WHITE DEATH!!!! that's what Theo and I always shriek whenever we see even a speck of snow. We make fun of all the local weathermen as they predict doomsday and then of course we get 1/4 inch of snow! We mock & joke about people that run out to stock up on batteries and milk and roll our eyes when family calls to see if we made it home safely from picking Alex up from School which is literally 2 blocks from our house. So when they predicted 12 inches of snow 2 weeks ago... we didn't take them seriously.....All I can say is "MY BAD" HOLY COW we got snow.... in fact we are with in a few centimeters from breaking a 100 year old snow fall record.
We tried to capture a little of it while we were out shoveling the driveway, the 1st time, and luckily we've made friends with the neighbor that has a snow blower! The poor dog didn't know what to think of it, but he LOVED it except when it got so deep he had a hard time going to the bathroom. I'll spare you the details on that one!
Ethan was ALL about shoveling the snow, and here Gus is trying to help himThis is at our neighbor's house/driveway to show you just how deep it was and how we didn't know what to do with it all !

And I had Alex take this one, I know I'm not a "tall" person... But I couldn't even get my foot up all the way on the top of one of the piles at the end of the driveway! IT was CRAZY!!!

Needless to say, I'm about DONE with winter now.... I'm looking forward to spring! I miss the sunshine and playing outside all afternoon! It feels like the walls start to move in on you during the winter months and I can't wait to open the windows and air out the house.... Hurry Spring!!!

No comments: