Wednesday, May 14, 2008

101 things


I just borrowed this book from the library and it's called "101 things you should do before your kids leave home" by David Bordon & Tom Winters. All I can say is I LOVE it!

It's these little things that you should teach & experience with your kids.... besides the obvious... I recomend you borrow or buy this one!

Some things on the list....



  • #3 Teach your kids to write "thank you" notes


  • #13 Treat your kids to "only child" dates


  • #16 Conduct a laundry seminar


  • #32 HUG your kids until they let go....


  • #56 Ride a roller coaster side by side


  • #63 Stage a controlled food fight (we'll be doing this one this summer, Alex's been begging for one every year for his birthday)


  • #98 Organize a search for Teddy Bears in the dark

These are just a few of the ones I thought were so cute, but there are so many good ones! We are so busy with the Big life lessons & experiences that we "forget" the little ones that are often the most precious!!!

1 comment:

DaMomma said...

Thanks for sharing. That sounds like a good book! I especially like the date and hug ideas. :)