Friday, June 15, 2012

Leaving Westgate

Well a Few weeks ago I took Alex to Kindergarten and then ***poof****...he's done with 5th grade a moving onto middle school! I honestly can't believe how fast the time flew by for him! We've been so lucky at Westgate with awesome teachers and great families!

Westgate has a cool tradition called the Clap out! The 5th graders start at the door next to the kindergarten classrooms and walk all the way thru the school. All the students and teachers line the hallway and clap and cheer as the 5th graders walk by....The first time I witnessed it I got tears in my eyes and chills....It just such a great way to say goodbye to the 5th graders!
I knew it would be hard for him to say good bye...But I was not prepared for all the tears! His entire class was crying their eyes out at the end of the last school day! I don't know if it's the fear of the unknown or afraid that he'll loose his friends...It's hard for an 11 year old to imagine that his Best buddy in the world in 5th grade wont be his best buddy in the world when he's 25. So this has been a rough transition for him. I know he will be just fine in middle school and beyond but I just wanted to take a second to say how incredibly proud I am of you Alex! You have grown and changed and learned so much in the last 6 years! I am so impressed by the young man you are becoming and feel so lucky that I get a front row seat! I am so excited to see what the future holds!

No comments: