Sunday, November 7, 2010

I have a new obession!

I can't even tell you how much I love to sew! Who knew it could be so much fun! I love turning scraps into these usable/wearable works of art. I've decided to try and sew all of my Christmas presents this year! I've got 2 down...... how many weeks until Christmas??? Ahhhhhh

First I made this little "party" skirt for Leah... first time I've made anything like this! I followed a step-by step tutorial on U-create!!! She was loving modeling this skirt! It cracked me up! And this little beauty is a Nintendo DS case, complete with a place to store your games! (how to people come up with this stuff!) I'm making one for two of my nieces and probably one for Alex if I can find some more "manly" material!
I found this tutorial at http://madquilter.blogspot.com/2009/02/nintendo-ds-pouch-tutorial.html

2 comments:

Harada's said...

So freaking cute! You really are so talented. You should start an etsy shop! I am about to make Kai a quilt for Christmas...wish me luck...lol. There is this fun web sight that always has cute sewing ideas.
Www.a lemonSqueezyhome.blogspot.com
Noah and Eli both have nintendo ds and games. I think I am going to attempt a more boyish ds case for them for Christmas. Thanks for the idea!
Looks like you had a blast in utah by the way. So happy you were able to go. :)

Tracy said...

Your case looks great! Thanks for the link to my blog too :D If you ever do start that etsy shop you are very welcome to make the ds cases to sell.