Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My new favorite day...

There is no Rhyme or Reason to why it works with us, it just does. We make each other laugh more than we make each other cry. We work together more than we work against each other, we disagree but still listen to the other's side. And at the end of the day I rather get a hug from him than anyone else in the world! I just love this guy and it's a good thing because I'm hoping to live to be 95 years old... that means I'm stuck with him for 61 more years.

Here we are the new Mr & Mrs.

It was a great day! We had pictures taken downtown and we got to stay at the Hyatt on Capitol Square. They upgraded us to the Presidential suite so we had a GREAT view, a whirlpool bath, a sauna and I'm not sure If I'm spelling it right but it also had a bidet. Not to mention the enormous bed with 15 pillows on it! It was AWESOME.

Then we went down to Lindey's were everyone was wrapping up their cocktails and appetizers.We had the ceremony & reception there.

My sister was the Maid of Honor, and Theo's best friend Jason was the best man. The kids were our fabulous ring bearer & flower girl. Leah was a little nervous and had my sister carry her in, Ethan just flat out refused, but Alex was a trooper and did a great job! My Dad walked me in to the song "turn around" it's a oldie, but when I was in High school my step-mom Jean pulled me aside one night and told me to listen to a song that was playing on my little brothers Lullaby tape and it was Turn Around, she asked me to play that song at my wedding. I thought she was on crack at the time, but she's been gone almost 10 years and I'm so glad that the ONLY song played at my wedding was the one SHE had asked me to! I also got to wear her Mother's ring, a tradition my sister started 9 years ago. Two other sentimental pieces were a bracelet that my little brother Justin gave to me my senior year of High school for my prom and told me I could wear it when I got married too! And My Grandma McCord's rosary was wrapped around my flowers.

So I had all kinds of little memento's reminding of me of special people

The actual ceremony was just about 10 minutes long, our good friend Tim Lee performed the ceremony and I think he was a little nervous and accidentally call Theo.... Leo.... but he had no idea he had done it until his wife brought it to his attention later in the evening. But perhaps the funniest and most "US" moment was when we were exchanging vows and Ethan decided that it would be the perfect time to do ... 1....2....3... Wheeeee..... and have Mom and Dad swing him... it's so fun and how often does he see us just standing around holding hands.... It was a classic "schmierney" moment and I can't wait to bring that up at HIS wedding in 30 years! :)

Here are some pictures of the kids, even though these are great shots, they just couldn't capture how adorable they were from the suits & dresses to the "fancy shoes" they just STOLE the show Me and Alex my handsome little guy!

How Cute is Ethan in this one?

We didn't get ONE picture of him smiling the entire day! Little stinker! But he looked so cute in his little 3 piece suit!!! Here's Princess... Yes I got Leah a crown, if you could've seen her face when i showed it to her, you'd understand why. She was just so excited and honestly she was ADORABLE all day long!

I could post ALL the pictures from that night there were so many great shots and there are SO many details I feel like I'm leaving out, but I'll say it was just a great day .... actually it was my favorite day of all time because all the people I love the most were in one room at the same time and I got to hug each and every one of them!!!! How much better could it get?





No comments: